Monday, June 16, 2008

Random thoughts: Insurance, Baby-envy, and Diets

What a day! We've been dealing with the insurance company b/c of all the damage we sustained from the hail storm back at the beginning of June. We had the roof adjuster out today (finally). We have to have a whole new roof and most of our ceilings inside of the the house repainted. Our gutters are also a total loss. Thank goodness for insurance! It's a complete pain in the rear end, but I don't know what we would do without it. We've got a thousand dollar deductible on the house, but I think we can handle it if we can find the right person to do the work.

We also have to get my car fixed. It has $4K worth of damage. It didn't total it out, darn it. I love my car but we owe way too much on it and we have GAP insurance so if it had been totaled our loan would have been paid in full. C'est la vie. The good news is that we found a place that does great work and he'll do it reasonably--even replace my windshield.

I finally got the baby's doctor bill finalized. I have to pay 791.XX in full within 30 days. Geez! Who has that kind of money lying around right now? We had savings, but they're nearly depleted b/c of a million surprise expenses and poor commission checks. The good news is that dh's work is going better. He had a big week last week and it will surely help us start to catch up. It's enough for me to go to MO this Thursday to help get ready for my nephew's wedding this Saturday. :-)

I have a Beau-ti-ful baby boy at home. I'm so surprisingly fulfilled by him. Don't get me wrong, I still want to have a career, but just not right now. I want to be here with him 24-7. Because of money issues, I may try and substitute teach at my old school a couple days a month. If I could do 5 days a month (big if here), then it would be about 300-400 dollars take home after gas (and only if Jarred watches the baby).

I'm ready--mentally--for another baby. My body is definitely not ready. My scar still hurts when Evan stands on my belly and I still have a ton of weight to lose. My diet died. I've got to start over tomorrow. Tuesdays are my weigh-in days and I come to judgment tomorrow. If it was fried or sweetened, I've eaten it the last couple of days. LOL.

South Beach has not worked this time around. I'm considering Weight Watchers. I need a diet that lets me have a variety of foods or I'm never going to be able to stick to it. SB only lets you have vegetables (some--not corn) and lean meats.

Well, gotta run. The baby is crying. It's his bedtime and I'm trying to stretch it out a bit b/c he had a late nap.

No comments: