Saturday, July 26, 2008

ROBBED...The Day after

That right. We were robbed. We live in the country outside of a small town of 6500 people and we got ROBBED! I just can't get my mind wrapped around the concept that we actually got robbed, that my grandmother's precious ring is gone forever, that the pearl's my father bought me when I went to D.C. are gone forever, that such and such is gone forever. They went through my underwear drawer!!!~! Gross. They just took tools and jewelry. Four houses in the area were hit and they all were missing tools, guns, and jewelry.

The police officer was not very reassuring last night. He said it wouldn't do any good to take fingerprints b/c they were like 2 years behind in the lab and they would not get processed. He also said the detective would contact us, but he had "better than banker hours" so he didn't know when that would be. On his behalf, he was a sweetie, just green around the collar. He probably hasn't learned how to B.S. people like the pros. He must have realized the impact of what he said b/c he changed gears and said they might catch them, maybe. Forget it, it's all gone. What's worse is that I don't feel safe in my house. I have to cancel/hold/change every financial account I have and the next 2 weeks are my BIG bill weeks.

I'm soooooooo glad I didn't go to the bank to day and fill out a form b/c I think they came back this afternoon around 2 p.m. Evan had just finished eating and was filling his diaper with a dirty gem when I heard a scuffing sound towards the back of the house (I was in the livingroom by the picture window). I picked Evan up and took him to his room (in the back of the house) to change his diaper and check things out. I didn't see anything so I started changing him. He ran out of wipes so I locked him in his changing table and went to get the new wipes I bought out of the kitchen. As I dug through the box, I heard a car door shut. I walked to the picture window in the livingroom and a late-model red van (I believe it was a Chevy Venture) was in the middle of my driveway. We have a long driveway. We do NOT live next to the road. This van was not just turning around--it had come too far in for that to be it's function. It was sooooo FREAKY! I called Jarred but he didn't answer so I called my brother. Then I called the police. I'm still sitting at home alone....waiting and watching. I'm totally freaked out, but in some weird way, I'm also calm. I'm just not leaving my house...ever? Jarred won't be home until 10 p.m. I called and asked him to come home early...he'll try.

Monday will be hard day. I've got a LOT to do and many phone calls to make. I think we have insurance to cover robberies, but I'm not sure how it works. We may not have any...I just don't know.

I'm done writing for now. I need to focus on something else. Have a great day.

No comments: