Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Baby Allergy

Evan may have a food allergy. He may be allergic to rice cereal. For the past week his cheeks have been really red and he's had some gastro. issues. It turns out these are signs of a food allergy. Food allergies can kill babies! Yikes! He's breathing fine but we're stopping all solids and going back to formula for a few days. He's not going to like it. He eats 35-40 ounces of formula a day when we don't feed him solids. That's amazing. The doctor couldn't believe it. She told us we needed to have him on solids twice a day, but of course, that was before the breakout.

I'm going to try and isolate the issue. If it's not a food allergy, it may be an allergy to my cat. I have no idea what to do about that. I'm going to sweep and clean like a mad woman, but it also means I'm going to have to put my cat in the garage. I should probably put her outside, but I'm worried about the dog eating her food.

Stubs, my cat, is not a happy camper. She does NOT liking sharing attention with Evan. Well, she does NOT like losing all of the attention she used to get to Evan. She might be happier outside. She was always an outside cat before. I need to bathe her and renew her flea/tick/worm meds and let her out...it's just that darn dog.

I've got to call the insurance and fight about it again today. Wish me luck. I've got 2 bills to work on this morning. I may also need to take Evan to the doctor. Honestly, both Jarred and I need to go to the doctor. My foot is a mess. I have a Zorro-like mask bruise that goes across my pinky toe and some weird bruising on my foot. It's very painful. Jarred has some pain that's been with him for over a month. I just keep telling myself to make it through to the 15th--that's when most of our bills will be paid.

Well, I need to start calling people. Hope y'all have a nice day!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey there Evan's Mom...I've been praying for you and little Evan. Have you heard anything more about the baby allergy? Did isolating the cereal work?

I'm worried about you, my dear friend. I want you to know that you have occupied many sleepless nights in my mind. I love you and care for you so much!!! Please know that when you're out there and you feel alone, I'm probably thinking of you.

I pray more blessings come your way!!